2011 is so far my worst performance in my 4 years of trading. I got whipped left and right, lots of false breakouts and breakdowns. Volatility were at its high.
I was up about 35% max for the year but due to a costly wrong push of a button trade, profits were given back to Ms. Market.
- Buy/Sell Trades: 90
- Hit Rate: 35%
- Biggest Winner: LND/GERI 110%
- Biggest Loser: 3rd round in BHI -20%. This one made my performance poor this year. I was supposed to cut but pressed the wrong button and doubled up! then eventually cut everything at .3650. Price at end of year .1670.. so I’m still considering this a good trade!
- Best Month: July 13%
- Worst Month: September -30%
- YTD: -8%
- Trade lesser, ignore noise. Maybe just about 5 trades per month. That’s one per week.
- Learn to trade the weekly trend model. (ex. URC)
- Learn to trade with leverage.
25% cash coming into the new year. Good luck 2012!